So, where has God placed you? What are your spheres of influence? Look around you because your spheres of influence are places such as your:
- Grocery Store
- Frequented spots in the community
- Children’s sports
- Social Media
- Phone, Texts and Email
We don’t have to go very far to live out the Gospel and show the world the Kingdom of God. We don’t have to create some new space or go somewhere else (unless God calls us to!) to be ambassadors of Christ and grow His Kingdom in the lives of others here on earth. We don’t have to wait to get to Heaven to experience the Kingdom since we’re already called to live out the Gospel of the Kingdom right where we already are, right now.
If we have truly been impacted by the power of the Holy Spirit, then we’re changing before people’s eyes. If we’re progressively surrendering to Jesus, then people around us, wherever we are, should see the Kingdom of God being expressed through our lives. And this should just get more and more obvious as we grow and allow Jesus to continually transform us.
We don’t need a fancy title or a special degree to do what God has already called us to do. Thank God! He has commissioned each of His followers to GO right where they already are and to live in a way that undeniably reflects the image of Jesus while also making more disciples of Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20). To do this well, we need to spend time with Jesus in His Word. We need to pray – for ourselves, for other people and for courage to take advantage of the opportunities God gives us to be salt and light. We need to engage with, and participate in, the community of believers and we need to be Holy Spirit led, like sheep, following God’s voice.
- So, are you in the workforce? THEN REPRESENT WHERE YOU ARE! What do those who work with you see when they are around you? Are they seeing the Kingdom of God by the way you live your life at work, no matter what others are doing? Are you using your spiritual gifts there? Do you know your spiritual gifts?
- Are you married? THEN REPRESENT WHERE YOU ARE! Is your husband seeing the Kingdom of God through your life? Is he seeing Jesus in you? Do others see the Kingdom of God through your role as a wife regardless of what your husband is or isn’t doing?
- Do you have children? THEN REPRESENT WHERE YOU ARE! Do your children see the Kingdom of God in your life? Are you teaching them how to seek His Kingdom first and how make Jesus the number one?
- Do you go to church? THEN REPRESENT WHERE YOU ARE! Do those who go to church with you see the Kingdom of God in your life?
- Are you at School? THEN REPRESENT WHERE YOU ARE! Do your classmates and teachers and those around you see the Kingdom of God through your life?
- Are you on social media? THEN REPRESENT WHERE YOU ARE! Do those who look at your Facebook, Instagram or twitter page, Tiktok or any other social media see the Kingdom of God through your life? What does the majority of your posting reflect?
Wherever God has you NOW is where you are called NOW to express the Kingdom of God by the way you live! That’s your fishing pond (Matthew 4:19). So, look around and see how your life may or may not be expressing the Kingdom of God right where God has you. Get to praying. Get to spiritual fishing because, ladies, let’s face it – the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are still too few. But that means there’s lots of OPPORTUNITY for us as followers of Christ! So, start going into that harvest – right where you are!