Jesus, God in the flesh, had a mission and purpose for coming and the cross was part of God’s sacrificial work and means to free us and enable us to live in His Kingdom on mission FIRST – right here on earth, right now. Jesus is our example of how to do this – living in His Kingdom on mission. He did not get distracted or deviate from His Father’s will, thank GOD!
JESUS SAID ON MANY OCCASIONS…….
- That he came to share the Good News of the KINGDOM (Luke 4:43) and,
- That He was going to send us a helper, His Holy Spirit (John 16:7) and,
- That He would give us what we need, so we could continue what he was doing.
HIS MISSION IS NOW OUR MISSION……
Everything Jesus did and taught was necessary, so we could experience His awesome presence in our lives now and for all eternity, and so we would know how to live in a way that reflects this KINGDOM mission on EARTH.
Jesus spent years talking about His Kingdom (His rule and reign on Earth, in Heaven and over ALL). He showed those who would follow how to live in the Kingdom, how to talk about the Kingdom, how to do all that He was doing here on earth for His sake and that of His Kingdom!
WHAT WOULD SOMEONE THINK YOUR FIRST MISSION IS WHEN THEY…..
- Look at your social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, Snapchat, Etc.)
- Hang out with you?
- Live with you?
- Listen and talk to you?
- Watch you? (Because people are always watching!)
- Work with you?
- Drive with you?
- Tempt you?
- See you and hear you at CHURCH?
WHAT DEFINES YOUR LIVING?
- Is it Christ and the Kingdom of God? Seriously, what is it?
- What are you invested in first (1 Timothy 4:15-16)?
If we are truly seeking the Kingdom first (Matthew 6:33), then our mission will be to help others do the same and help them know God and maybe even help them hear Him say to them, “Well done.” People will see the Kingdom of God (rule and reign of God) in us and through us – unmistakably. They won’t see perfect followers, but REAL ones, being transformed through God’s redemptive power by the Holy Spirit, who lives in us and promoting through us His Kingdom FIRST. He has told us to go (Matthew 28:18-19). So, let’s go!